Sunday, May 8, 2011

Maybe sharing links on social media sites is too easy for our own good

Jesse stay is raising the question as to whether online conversations and responses to long form blogs is moving off the blogosphere and onto social networking sites
http://www.staynalive.com/2011/05/bloggings-definitely-not-dead.html. I'd have to agree that I think that's the case, but I'm concerned that the ease of use of using social networks as our primary conversation tool (as compared with blogs) is not healthy. Maybe I'm getting too old, but I'm concerned that conversations on social networks are very ephemeral and rarely endure for long periods of time. It's also difficult to manage an archive of your conversations.

I think the common perception that most blogs need to stick to a single topic and that posts should always be long and well thought out has discouraged peoe from blogging as avidly these days.